Saturday, July 19, 2008

Thing #8

I found this discovery activity interesting and time consuming. I like the idea of having information come to me without me having to constantly search for information. I can understand the usefulness for my personal information and the ease with which to share blogs and news with others of like mind.

I can even see where this could be used for the classroom activities to help students be involved about topics that perhaps they are too nervous to discuss in class or face to face with the teacher. I can see where it would eliminate some fear of public speaking. However, I also think this is very time consuming and if you are inviting students to join in, you must be willing to check in frequently to respond and update your blog. I am not sure that I am willing to make that committment at this time.

No comments: