Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thing #20

Talk about frustrating!

I spent way too much time on this activity. All day, as a matter of fact. It took a while to find a video that I thought would be relevant and fun for my students. I found one on the Scientific Method, but it took forever to get it posted on my blog; and now it doesn't play properly. It starts and stops and won't play through smoothly. I don't know what to do. The kids will certainly lose interest trying to watch it. I know, because I have.

I am also annoyed with the SBVN link trying to connect whenever I try linking to a new site. Also, has anyone else had difficulty getting the videos to play? I thought it might just be YouTube, but even Teacher Tube videos are problematic.

I am sure some of the problems I have had are operator malfunction, but I also know that if it takes this much time to embed a video on a blog, it is not something that I would do on a regular basis.

2 comments:

VWB said...

if you are playing the videos while still hooked to the VPN then it is like you are in the district and you suffering the buffering problem.
Trying playing them with VPN turned off...straight from your service.
Ok...I'm reading a little more closely...it reads like the VPN may be in conflict with your service some how because it never tries connecting on its own for me...is it only when you are trying to view videos that this happens

yes...you will have problems with YouTube if VPN is involved (even unintentionally)because it is blocked in district.

I wiill ask around about this...maybe we can review it when you get back because the procedure is fairly simple...don't want you to give up!

VWB said...

looks you got this going ok...