Sunday, July 27, 2008

Thing #23 Summarizing Thoughts

23 Things has provided me with a fun, yet productive learning experience.

1) There were many things that I really enjoyed learning about in these discovery activities. Some of my favorites were being able to create cartoons, trading cards and share documents. Wikis will also be useful. LibraryThing will be helpful for organizing books and all the different tools that Google has just blew me away.
2) I have always seen my self as a Lifelong learner and this endeavor was definitely a learning experience. This pushed me out of my comfort zone and forced me to learn new things that I doubt I would have done on my own. I will be a better teacher for it because it will help me better understand and work with my students.
3) Something that I am taking away from 23 Things is: I still have SO much to learn!
4) For the most part, I think the format and concept was good. I think that I would like to see some actual courses offered that could walk us through some of the activities that required more tech savvy - e.g. podcasting, vidcasts. It might be nice to have some shorter programs or programs that focused around a particular area: classroom management and organization tools; or hottest ideas to hook your kids, etc. In other words, we could group the activities under a particular heading and look at a variety of tools that are useful for that area.
5) I would definitely do something similar to this again in the future.
6) My experience in one word: Enlightening!
My experience in one sentence: Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

- Go for it - I am glad I did.

1 comment:

VWB said...

Glad you joined in the fun! Congratulations on completing your summer technology adventure.