Saturday, July 19, 2008

Thing #7

I had no idea how many different tools that Google had to offer. Time certainly flew by while I was checking them out. I have begun a web page using igoogle, but I still have a lot to learn about how I want it to look and I am still a little confused as to how other people would access it. I already have a webpage linked to the classroom portal page at school. I guess I can just add another link to the portal. It really is easy to set up, but will take more time to actually customize it with the info I want others to see.

Why didn't I know about Google Scholar & Notebook when I was taking graduate classes and doing all that research!!

I have already begun working on a document for our grade-level policies and I will invite my new team-mates to review and make changes. This is a great way to share documents and have everyone see changes as they occur.

I would like to use the calendar this fall with my students and their parents. It is easier to work with than the calendar feature we have associated with our Classroom Portal Page. Since we can share it with others, the other teachers on my grade level could also make entries on it with my permission.

No comments: